Forum > Legit Talk
Archive.org Torrents
Post #1
bobwinkins1234 (Members)
29/06/2020 07:07:20
(22 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 10
unknown  
If i find torrents on archive.org that i want to put on here should i download the film and make a new torrent or just copy over the original torrent?

Alos there are a few films on this site that im going to AI upscale. is it okay to re-upload torrents already on here or just the ones that arent?

Last edited by bobwinkins1234 at 29/06/2020 08:53:07

top

Post #2
en3r0 (Moderator)
29/06/2020 09:08:39
(22 weeks ago)

Ratio: 3.70
Posts: 442
United States of America  
Hey bobwinkins1234,

I would try to use the same torrent so that there is more potential for it to stay alive and have seeders/leechers.

It is fine to reupload those here, just note your AI upscaling!
top

Post #3
bobwinkins1234 (Members)
29/06/2020 09:28:54
(22 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 10
unknown  

en3r0 wrote:
Hey bobwinkins1234,

I would try to use the same torrent so that there is more potential for it to stay alive and have seeders/leechers.

It is fine to reupload those here, just note your AI upscaling!



thanks grin.gif
top

Post #4
CyberMinion (Members)
24/08/2020 16:14:22
(14 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 5
United States of America  
Yeah, it's best to keep using the same torrent, rather than making a new one. Just be aware that LT might not initially list a preexisting torrent which you upload. Not sure if there's a manual approval process for external torrents, or if it's an internal bug/feature.

If you wait long enough, it seems that they do finally get added to the library, assuming people are seeding with the LT tracker.
top

Post #5
dnl (Members)
26/08/2020 09:44:35
(14 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 8
Netherlands  
Apparently you won't be able to (manually) add Legit Torrents as a tracker[1]. Not talking about altering the .torrent file to include the tracker but after you've added it to your Torrent client of choice.

The tracker says it is unregistered, even though the BTIH hash is the same as on the website[2].

[1]: http://legittorrents.info:2710/announce
[2]: http://www.legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=55c6172e469556b8a0970c627e3ffedbed549c46

Last edited by dnl at 26/08/2020 09:47:23

top

Post #6
CyberMinion (Members)
26/08/2020 16:15:32
(14 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 5
United States of America  

dnl wrote:
Apparently you won't be able to (manually) add Legit Torrents as a tracker[1]. Not talking about altering the .torrent file to include the tracker but after you've added it to your Torrent client of choice.

The tracker says it is unregistered, even though the BTIH hash is the same as on the website[2].




Yeah, that's the same problem I've had. However ,there is a way for these to be accepted into the library, it seems. I just don't know how. If you look at the top 15 torrents by seeds, you  will see that 13 of those are external torrents. Not sure how that happened.

http://www.legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrents&active=1&order=5&by=2
top

Post #7
dnl (Members)
27/08/2020 13:47:07
(13 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 8
Netherlands  
OK, I just uploaded some files to Archive.org and created my own Torrent file[1] with these web seed URLs:

https://archive.org/download/
https://ia601401.us.archive.org/27/items/
https://ia801401.us.archive.org/27/items/

I've tested to see if this works by removing a file and re-downloading it from Archive.org.

NOTE: I don't include the Archive.org identifier because the identifier is already in the folder name.

Because there is a path in the torrent like open-osmosis-videos-2015-2018/Achondroplasia_1.webm.720p.vp9.webm it will try to download it from https://archive.org/download/open-osmosis-videos-2015-2018/Achondroplasia_1.webm.720p.vp9.webm

[1]: http://www.legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=99bd5c205d911f861ad14374f82b2b2840074f18


EDIT: Oh by the way the reason I created my own Torrent is because Archive.org thinks its a good idea to reconvert my videos to MP4 which reduces the quality and increases the size two fold! Maybe it's because some people don't know what a WEBM is, I understand but still.

Last edited by dnl at 27/08/2020 13:52:13

top

Post #8
dnl (Members)
27/08/2020 13:55:34
(13 weeks ago)

Ratio: ---
Posts: 8
Netherlands  

CyberMinion wrote:
Yeah, that's the same problem I've had. However ,there is a way for these to be accepted into the library, it seems. I just don't know how. If you look at the top 15 torrents by seeds, you  will see that 13 of those are external torrents. Not sure how that happened.

http://www.legittorrents.info/index.php?page=torrents&active=1&order=5&by=2



Sorry, I haven't responded to you yet. But my torrent was added to the library but I wasn't able to announce to the Legit Torrents tracker. This is no big deal since LT does scrape the other trackers.
top



Forum
Topics: 238
Posts: 1,473
413 Request Entity Too Large
Last post by en3r0
On 29/11/2020 11:28:01
no verification email
Last post by Zolyx
On 04/11/2020 08:28:33
How to start uploading?
Last post by en3r0
On 26/10/2020 13:51:27
Archive.org Torrents
Last post by dnl
On 27/08/2020 13:55:34