Frequent Questions and Answers
- Are Torrents Legal?
- How does BitTorrent work?
- Required software (recommended BitTorrent clients)
- Help! My download is stuck at 99%!
- About firewalls and routers
- What kind of stuff can I upload?
- Why did a torrent suddenly disappear?
- I did not recieve my validation mail what now?
- Error: Invalid Client Port, please read the FAQ
- What if my question isnt answered here?
How does BitTorrent work?
The .torrent files are small files with only general information about
the shared file (size, name, etc) inside of them.
The server saves this information about the shared files. Then, a user
downloads the .torrent file and opens it with a client. The client gets the
server address from inside the .torrent file, connects to it and asks who it
should connect to get the file. The server responds with a list of 50
random ips from the peer list (or less, depending in how many clients
are connected). This process gets repeated several times, every few
minutes, until the client disconnects.
For a more in depth technical explanation of this process, please visit Wikipedia.
Required software (recommended BitTorrent clients)
To download the files, you need a BitTorrent client.
Here is a little list of some of them.
Or you could use Google to find
one that suits you.
Just stay away from BitTorrent++,
TorrentStorm, Nova Torrent and BitComet. They don't follow the BT protocol
Help! My download is stuck at 99%!
The more pieces you have, the harder it becomes to find people who have
the pieces you need. That's why downloads sometimes slow down or even
stop completely. Usually if your patient you will get the remaining pieces.
About firewalls and routers
be able to download and upload using BitTorrent properly, you need to
open the TCP ports 6881 to 6999 to be able to connect to the swarm, and
port 6666 and 90 (both tcp) to be able to connect to the tracker. For
information on how to do this, please consult your firewall/router
What kind of stuff can I upload?
- No spam (make quick money/ online poker/ pyramid schemes, etc, etc.)
- Nothing offensive.
- No passworded archives (unless the password iis included in the
- No trojans, virii, or hacking related stuff.
- No Porn.
Why did a torrent suddenly disappear?
The main reasons for this are:
- The torrent may have been out-of-sync with the site rules.
- The torrent was not seeded well.
- The tracker used was offline for a sustained ammount of time.
- A torrent of the same item was still active.
I did not recieve my validation mail what now?
If you did not recieve your validation mail this is most likely caused by
your email provider labeling the mail from this site as spam and blocking
it. Check your spam folder to be sure it is not there or alternativly
contact the site admin by posting in the forum help section so he can check
into it. Right now
Error: Invalid Client Port, please read the FAQ
Many ISP's monitor, throttle or even block certain ports.
This is thier attempt to prevent the use of P2P Software
In an attempt to prevent people complaining that they cannot
connect on a certain port this tracker blocks all default
P2P software ports.
If you are recieving this error then please change your
download port in your torrent client.
You will then be able to download as normal.
Blocked ports are as follows:
Direct Connect 411 - 413
Gnutella 6346 - 6347
BitTorrent 6881 - 6889
What if my question isnt answered here?
If you cant find the answer to your question in this short FAQ dont
worry, these are some other sites where you might find what you are looking
Or if all else fails you can ask a question at our Forums